2. What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about you as an individual which makes your identity apparent, or information that someone could reasonably use to ascertain your identity. Some common examples of personal information include personal names, street addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
3. When do we collect personal information?
You may be required to provide us with certain personal information when you open an account or purchase products in accordance with our Terms of Sale. If you choose not to provide the required information you will not be able to open an account or purchase products from the Website.
In general, we may collect personal information from you as necessary for any of our functions or activities provided we have taken reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of the following:
- who we are and how to contact us
- the purposes for which your personal information is being collected
- who we usually disclose that type of personal information to
- your ability to access any personal information which we have collected from you
- any law that requires that type of personal information to be collected by us
- the main consequences (if any) for you if all or part of your personal information is not provided.
4. How do we use, disclose and store personal information?
We only use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the purposes for which it was collected, and otherwise in accordance with law. Depending on the purposes for which you have provided your personal information, we may disclose that information to third parties as is necessary to achieve those purposes (such as our nominated product carriers).
We do not use or disclose your information for any purposes that are unrelated to the purposes of collection, unless required by law or with your consent. By accepting our Terms of Sale you consent to us using your personal information for the purposes specified therein.
The personal information we collect from you in relation to the Website may be stored in various forms, including electronic and hardcopy. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
5. How can you access your personal information?
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you by contacting us using the details in section 7 below. Following you request, we will provide you with access after you have:
- provided sufficient proof of identity; and
- in the case of unusual or particularly onerous requests, paid an access fee (which we will only charge if work is required in addition to lodgement of your request).
If the personal information we have previously collected from you is incomplete or out of date, you can contact us using the details in section 7 below to arrange amending our records.
6. Other issues related to privacy
If you are under 18 years old, you need to have your parent or guardian’s consent before providing personal information in relation to the Website. Your parent or guardian can then access, complete, update or refuse further collection of your personal information by contacting us using the details in section 7 below.
We will only send you electronic messages (including via SMS, MMS and email) using your personal information if we:
have your prior consent (express or inferred) to do so;
identify ourselves within the message; and
include within the message a means of allowing you to unsubscribe or opt out of receiving future messages of that kind from us.
More information about privacy issues in Australia can be found at www.privacy.gov.au.
7. Contacting Us
Post: Dessein Furniture, PO Box 9294, South Yarra, Victoria 3141
Phone: 0439 161 178